About the Department of Automobile Engineering
The Andhra Polytechnic, Kakinada is started in the year 1946 with Automobile Engineering as one of the branches. Since then, the department of Automobile Engineering is flourishing in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The department is maintaining the required faculty as per the norms stipulated by the statutory bodies. The faculty is a perfect blend of knowledge in theory and practicals. The excellent laboratory facilities and provision of industrial training in curriculum leads the students to get sound knowledge in Automobiles systems. It is proud to say that most of the Motor Vehicle Inspectors in the state are from the department of Automobile Engineering of this institute.
- To impart quality education, skills and attributes based on continuously changing Automobile Technologies and make the student readiness to the industrial requirement, advance studies and research.
- To provide quality education to the students based on the continuously changing global diploma attributes.
- To understand the requirement of Automobile Industries of the region and to add value to the students based on their changing needs.
- To tie up with industries for mutual benefit like training, internship and partial delivery of courses for the students.
- To develop partnership with industries for product development and research
- To offer advance studies courses for becoming centre for excellence in the field of automobile engineering
- The department comprises of
- Head of Automobile Engineering Section – 1
- Senior Lecturer in Automobile Engineering Section – 1
- Lecturer in Automobile Engineering Section – 2 (vacant – 3)
- Laboratory instructor – 1
- Driver (Light & Heavy ) – 1 (recently retired)
- The intake of the students in first year – 60
- Average passed out students/year for the past 10 years – 52 (87%)
- Number of Prathibha Awardees for the Academic Year 2017-18 – 3
- To understand different systems of Automobile Engineering, different cut models, LED Charts, System flow diagrams etc., are present in Automobile Laboratories.
- Excellent laboratory facilities are available for the servicing & reconditioning of Automobiles
- Crank Shaft Grinding Machine
- Line boring Machine
- Cylinder Reboring Machine
- Valve re facing Machine
- Brake Drum Lathe
- Computerised Wheel Balancer
- Wheel Aligner