About Mechanical Engineering Section
Since the inception of Andhra Polytechnic (APT) in 1946, it is offering Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME), which has been recognised Nationwide as a leader in the field of Diploma education. Reputed for the outstanding calibre of students, the Branch attracts the top rankers in admission test (POLYCET) from the state for its Diploma programme. This course at APT is driven by outstanding faculty, all of whom are having sound knowledge in theory and practical classes. An interactive relationship is being maintained between the students and staff which enable them to develop a sound foundation in the stream for a conducive environment. This is also reflected in our campus placements in which more than 30 out of 60 students are placed every year in various reputed industries like Maruthi suzuki India Ltd., Tata projects Ltd., ITC Ltd., NFCL, INFOSYS etc., with best compensation packages. This Branch students are universally compatible to take up challenges in any of the sector because of our curriculum. . About 30% of our students proceed to top universities to pursue their higher education (B.Tech). Every year, Our students bag ranks below 10 in admission test to B.Tech through lateral entry (ECET). The alumni have distinguished themselves through their achievements and contributions to industry, academics, research, business, government and social domains. DME continues to work closely with the alumni to enhance its activities through interactions in academic as well as to mobilise financial support.
To emerge as excellent centre in the Country to pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering by adopting latest techniques and practices in teaching and learning to transform novice into globally competitive professionals in the service and entrepreneur sector.
• To provide the quality education in mechanical engineering
• By imparting technical skills by practical approach and industrial training.
• To improve the overall academic performance of the students and enhancing their placement potential.
• To develop the students for facing intellectual and ethical career challenges after graduation.
• To develop communication skills and team work in students.
• To motivate staff and students for creative thinking to enhance teaching – learning process.
• To develop competitive spirit by encouraging them to participate in academic and sports events.
• To mould the student to completely fit to the present needs of industry.
Since the inception of Andhra Polytechnic (APT) in 1946, it is offering Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (DME), which has been recognised Nationwide